Effective Communication: A guide for working in mental health CD-ROM
This interactive CD-ROM focuses on the development of communication skills required when working with people affected by a mental illness. The resource covers aspects from several units within the CHC08 Community Services Training Package addressing issues relevant to mental health and communication:
- CHCMH403A Establish and maintain communication and relationships to support the recovery process
- CHCMH301A Work effectivley in mental health
- CHCMH401A Work effectively in mental health settings
- CHCCS400A Work within a relevant legal and ethical framework
Information is be divided into two main sections:
- Background information on mental health
- Effective communication skills
The CD-ROM caters to a range of learning styles by including both audio-visual and written content. It is written in plain English and contains straightforward explanations of workplace terminology. It also includes learner worksheets and an easy to use facilitator's guide as printable PDF documents.
The CD-ROM has been designed to load automatically. Your computer must have the following specifications to run the CD-ROM:
- Pentium 3 Processor
- Microsoft Windows XP
- 512MB RAM
- 48x CD-ROM drive
- Mouse or other pointing device (e.g. touchpad)
- VGA monitor
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution
To listen to the video clips you will need speakers or a headset attached to your computer.
Prefer to order by mail, fax or phone?
Not what you're looking for?
Try searching for what you're after.