Introduction to Children's Services DVD and Facilitator's Guide
The Introduction to Children's Services DVD provides information based on a range of concepts covered in the Certificate III in Children’s Services from the CHC08 Community Services Training Package:
The DVD includes interviews, voice-overs and active demonstrations to engage learners and provide information on:
- legal and ethical requirements of working in Children’s Services – job roles and responsibilities, legislation, regulations, recording and reporting and complying with administrative requirements
- occupational health and safety – hazards and risks, infection control, food handling, food allergies and emergency procedures
- interacting with children – communicating and interacting with children and families, play and learning, promoting cooperative behaviour and communicating with children/families with additional needs
- fostering development – fostering and supporting children’s development in a range of areas: physical, emotional, cognitive, social, language and communication, psychological/ behavioural, aesthetic and creative, and
- providing care for babies – meeting the legal and ethical, health and safety, communication and development requirements that relate specifically to providing care for infants.
It uses plain English and key terminology is clearly explained. In addition, the language and images used in the DVD and Facilitator’s Guide reflects inclusive and respectful work practices with regard to different cultures, ages, stages of development and childcare settings.
This comprehensive DVD runs for 40 minutes.
The Facilitator’s Guide is designed to accompany the DVD and provides additional information, strategies and resources for the trainer, including:
- an introduction outlining who the DVD is for and what is in the DVD
- information on the facilitator’s role
- information on the competency standards covered by the resource
- information on the eight key employability skills and how these skills may be reinforced
- tips on how to use the resource effectively
- the running time for each scene
- an overview of the language and focus for each particular scene
- a series of questions and discussion topics to use with the learners
- how trainers can highlight language, literacy and numeracy areas and issues
- suggested additional activities with a language, literacy and numeracy focus, and
- strategies to optimise learning.
T view a preview of the DVD please click here.
Prefer to order by mail, fax or phone?
Not what you're looking for?
Try searching for what you're after.