Working safely in Community Services DVD and Facilitator's Guide
The Working safely in Community Service DVD and Facilitator's Guide is an invaluable resource that will assist both trainers and learners undertaking the Certificate III in Aged Care and Certificate III in Home and Community Care. Aspire developed these resources with funding from the Workplace English Language and Literacy (WELL) program, administered by the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR).
The Working safely in Community Service DVD and Facilitator's Guide have a workplace language and literacy focus whilst also incorporating employability skills, which makes the resources accessible to learners at all levels. They are particularly useful for:
- learners with language and literacy needs
- employees wishing to gain recognition for their skills
- workforce entrants to the community services field.
Specifically the Working safely in Community Services DVD addresses 7 units of competency in CHC08 Community Services Training Package and covers how to work safely in the key areas of:
- occupational health and safety
- manual handling
- standard hygiene practices
- working effectively and being safe in a home and community care environment
- supporting older people to maintain their independence.
A great feature of this DVD is that it has subtitles for the hearing impaired and for people learning English as an additional language.
To view a sample of the Working safely in Community Services DVD, please visit our clip library.
The Working safely in Community Services Facilitator's Guide (view sample pages) that is used in conjunction with the DVD includes:
- an explanation of how to use the DVD
- cross references to competency standards covered
- teaching strategies
- discussions points for encouraging questions
- suggestions for further language and literacy activities.
Running time: 20 minutes
Prefer to order by mail, fax or phone?
Not what you're looking for?
Try searching for what you're after.