Provide basic foot skin and nail care DVD and Facilitator's Guide
Aspire has developed a DVD and accompanying Facilitator’s Guide to support the delivery of the unit of competency CHCICS306B Provide basic foot skin and nail care.
The DVD provides interviews, voice-overs and active demonstrations to engage learners and provide information on:
- the principles of basic foot hygiene – how to wash, clean, dry and monitor feet of clients
- infection control protocols relevant to foot care
- how to safely and effectively file non-pathological toenails
- how to identify indicators of pathological nail and skin conditions and/or the need for podiatry assistance
- the function of medicaments, and how to apply them, including:
- organisation policies and procedures
- record-keeping requirements.
The accompanying Facilitator’s Guide has been developed to assist trainers in implementing effective training and assessment strategies using the DVD.
There is also a specific Indigenous focus for one section of the DVD and the Facilitator’s Guide, to accommodate the specific LLN needs of Indigenous learners and to enhance learners’ understanding of the complexities and particular considerations for working with Indigenous communities.
This product links directly to the CHC08 Community Services Training Package and the specific unit of competency CHCICS306B Provide basic foot skin and nail care. DVD content is mapped to this unit of competency, which is an elective unit for the following qualifications:
- CHC30208 Certificate III in Aged Care
- CHC30308 Certificate III in Home and Community Care
- CHC30408 Certificate III in Disability Services
To view a preview of the DVD please click here.
Prefer to order by mail, fax or phone?
Not what you're looking for?
Try searching for what you're after.