Assisting with personal hygiene and grooming DVD and Facilitator's Guide
Aspire has developed a DVD and accompanying Facilitator’s Guide to support the delivery of the following units of competency:
- CHCICS301A Provide support to meet personal care needs
- CHCAC319A Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCDIS323A Contribute to skill development and maintenance
It provides learners with an overview of the concepts discussed in these units relating to personal hygiene and grooming, and includes interviews, voice-overs and active demonstrations to engage learners and provide information on assisting with:
- bed bathing
- dressing, undressing and grooming
- toileting and the use of continence aids
- oral hygiene
- maintaining personal safety
Please note: Actors and/or animation have been used for the DVD when dealing with areas of sensitivity such as toileting or showering.
There is also a specific Indigenous focus for one section of the DVD and the Facilitator’s Guide, to accommodate the specific LLN needs of Indigenous learners and to enhance learners’ understanding of the complexities and particular considerations for working with Indigenous communities.
This product links directly to the CHC08 Community Services Training Package and the specific units of competency listed above. DVD content will be mapped to these units of competency, which are relevant for the following qualifications:
- CHC30208 Certificate III in Aged Care
- CHC30308 Certificate III in Home and Community Care
- CHC30408 Certificate III in Disability Services
To view a preview of the DVD, please click here.
Prefer to order by mail, fax or phone?
Not what you're looking for?
Try searching for what you're after.